On Fri, 10 May 2002, Mike Horwath wrote:
> Hate to sound like a naysayer, but bandwidth costs money. :(

Never said there wouldn't be a charge for access.

To start with, it'll just be us hobbiests, and I'm sure some of us will be
willing to give away (semi-legally?) our cable/dsl bandwidth to other real
geeks.. but, once we start to grow, we'll have to figure out a way to
charge for it.

> I wish it were free, I would love to give away some.

You _sure_ you don't want to donate 3mbit of that shiny new OC3 to tcwug?
It's not like you're even stressing it yet... heck, that'd even make it
worth turning TCWUG into a real nonprofit so you can get a writeoff for
it! :)