>> When you're running with WEP, what does "iwconfig <interface>"

I found the wireless tools and iwconfig was in it.  Here's the output:
Warning : Device wlan0 has been compiled with version 12
of Wireless Extension, while we are using version 11.
Some things may be broken...

wlan0     IEEE 802.11-b  ESSID:"eggplant-wireless"
           Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.437GHz  Access Point: 00:06:25:50:A8:DD
           Link Quality:92/100  Signal level:-108 dBm  Noise level:-256 dBm
           Rx invalid nwid:0  invalid crypt:265  invalid misc:0

The MAC address found there matches the MAC address of my access point
too, so I'm assuming it's finding the ap.  However the invalid crypt
packets doesn't look too good.

Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe | jpschewe at mtu.net