this is a problem with any mailing list.  i've been able to work
through the closed list subscription process bit with the organization
in question.  in retrospect perhaps i should have just told them that
the mailing list was open and left it at that.

that aside - there are people who might want to just pop onto a list
and pop off if they have a question and/or who would really like to
join the list but are turned off by having to wait for an "approval".

i'll agree that spammers can make life a PITA but i think that erring
in the side of openess is the right thing to do while working to get
momentum for a user group.

when last we saw our hero (Friday, May 31, 2002),
 Bob Tanner was madly tapping out:

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC