FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:35:22 -0500
From: Mos Kaveh <mos at ece.umn.edu>
To: gene0024 at UMN.EDU
Cc: moon at ece.umn.edu, harjani at ece.umn.edu, georgios at ece.umn.edu,
     tewfik at ece.umn.edu, alouini at ece.umn.edu, mos at ece.umn.edu
Subject: 802.11b

Matt,

Thank you for your letter of August 19, 2002 informing me of the
activities of the Twin Cities Wireless Users Group and asking me to help
with questions regarding propagation at 2.4 GHz, and performance and
legal issues related to 802.11b. While I have general knowledge about
some of these issues, I don't have the necessary specific expertise you
are looking for. I am copying this message to my colleagues Profs. Moon
and Harjani (who have founded a local company working on 802.11), and
Profs. Giannakis, and Tewfik who also have interests and work in this
arena. Perhaps one of them can be of help. In any case, the kinds of
issues that you are considering and the backbone system that you  are
envisioning sound very interesting. I wonder whether we could have one
of your meetings on these topics held in the ECE Department so some of
us and our students could attend. Please drop by my office to discuss if
this is of interest.

Best,

M. Kaveh

M. Kaveh
Centennial Professor and Head
Department of Electrical and          			Phone: (612) 625-0720
Computer Engineering                    			Fax: (612) 625-4583
University of Minnesota                   			Email: kaveh at ece.umn.edu
200 Union Street, SE
Minneapolis, MN  55455

 ---//\/\atthew  (|_;enelin---

- Matthew Genelin                     (612) 636-2472 (cell)    -
- Engineering Student                 (651) 636-1842 (parents) -
- University of Minnesota, TC         n0ynt at amsat.org          -
 "A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without
  springs, jolted by every pebble in the road."
                                      -- Henry Ward Beecher