This subject line may be a bit off topic for this list, however safe RF exposure
limits is some what of a pet peeve with me so I'll chime in any way.

Although I can agree with the math and over all fact of the calculations below I
have to disagree with the assumption that FCC guidelines on safe RF emissions near
a persons body are adequate.  There is nothing to say that even 150mW is truly
safe when pressed up against human tissue.  I'm not trying to dismiss what the FCC
says is safe, I'm just saying that as time goes on we learn more about the effects
of RF against human tissue.   Also keep in mind that the FCC has to consider what
impact it would have on the cellular industry if they lowered the safe limit.

It has been proven that RF  heats human body tissue.  The effects are accumulative
over time just like defrosting food in a microwave on low power will eventually
cook the food if you run it long enough.  Obviously a microwave has considerably
more power than your cell phone, but you get the idea.  Also, what is safe for one
person may not be safe for another.  Just like some people have a higher tolerance
to certain cancer causing substances (like smoking) some people may have higher
(or lower) tolerances to RF.

I predict that eventually cell phones of today will be found unsafe to use so
close to the human body.  Until then I plan use best efforts to lower my exposure
by limiting my talk time, and using my hands-free head set - I urge my friends to
do the same.

Jay Gustafson