Mike Hicks wrote:
> Do many people use Linksys WAP11 access points these days?  I was
> playing with the Linux SNMP tools and finally managed to talk to the AP
> we have at my place.  For whatever reason, the one we have doesn't like
> to be snmpwalk-ed.

There are several firmware revisions that react badly (read stop
moving packets) if you snmpwalk them. Upgrading fixed these problems
in the recent past.

> I worked my way through the MIB definition from
> http://gwap11.sourceforge.net/files/AT76C510.mib though there's a bunch
> of stuff in there that doesn't exist on the APs anymore, seems to have
> changed format, etc.  I've documented what works on my AP, though some
> major things seem to be missing (listing/changing the authorized MAC
> addresses, etc).  I suppose I could try looking at the traffic between
> the AP and the Windows SNMP client..

A lot may depend on what version of the WAP11 you have. Pre 2.0 versions
used the AT76C510, I believe 2.0 versions use a different chipset (but
I can't find my notes now.)

> Anyway, I'm thinking of working on a small perl utility to access the
> WAP11.  I was just curious if others would be interested in it or not..

What functionality do you have in mind ?

I've got a WAP11-on-a-stick here (ruggedised, mounted on the roof), remote
control/logging from perl/cron might be useful.
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634