Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
> [...]
> I was referring to functionality that allows you to select a network to associate
> to, then spawning an external script that did the things that were listed (dhcp,
> ping, ftp, dhcp release). I fully understand that this isn't broadcast TV where
> everything is fine and dandy as long as I can get a signal with a coat hangar.
>
> Kismet can continue to run while you associate with a network.

I think some add-ons/local-hacks like you mention might be an extremely
powerful idea. My wish-list includes a command that will cease hopping
and jump to the channel used by the highlighted AP, allowing you to
focus in on the behaviour of a particular node without playing russian
roulette with what packets you'll hear. Another keystroke to resume
hopping.

My caution intepreting graphs and daydreaming about the resulting
networks was aimed at the entire mailing list, not intended as any
criticism of you or the results you have so painstakingly produced.
Apologies if I gave the wrong impression.
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634