Joel,

Depending on the angles involved to the tower, and the tower shape you may
be able to just bounce the signal off the tower itself.  Wouldn't take much
to try it.  21 dB over isotropic is aiming quite a bit of signal in the
desired direction.  Same concentrating effect is seen on the receive side.
If you're driving, say, 100mW into the antenna this would give about 10 Watts
ERP, which is a robust signal at 2.4 Ghz.

73,

Bob
KA0Q