On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> I just picked up two Ericson T300's for our family plan.  The free
> digital camera addon was a neat perk, though the quality is
> questionable at best.  I'm happy to report that Ericson isn't using
> compressed GIF's, rather they're using JPEG's.

Yeah, the T300's are supposed to be fairly decent cameras. So is the image
quality off them any better than the 'generic' digital camera pictures?

Also, does the T300 have infrared or bluetooth? T-Mobile doesn't mention
either, but they also conveniently forgot to mention that the T68[m|i] had
Bluetooth on their features page, so I don't believe them anymore.. :)
If not, you'll have to pick up a data cable for the phone if you want to
try using it with a laptop.. it *may* not support it, but that'd kind of
surprise me.

> I'm just amazed at how much phones have advanced in the past year and
> how much $99 buys you.  I'm much happier than when I had that Nokia
> 3390 (ugh).  Let's hope this one lasts longer than my Nokia 8290.

Yeah, they are getting quite a bit nicer.

Once my T68m dies (it will; cell phones have an average life of 9 months
for me.. carrying it around in a pocket getting banged against everything
isn't good for it.. good thing I almost always manage to break it within
the warranty period, without any obvious physical harm coming to it!), I
think I'm going to have to convince T-Mobile to upgrade me to a Nokia
3650.. it's ugly and all, but it's the only phone they offer with
Bluetooth now, as far as I can tell.  :(