I've had problems where some versions of the TI and Realtek wireless
drivers ill refuse to associate with our cisco based 802.11b network.
Usually when I upgrade the device driver on the client machine and tweak
some settings (turn off 2x/4x modes on TI cards) they just start working.
The realtek gigafast card had a driver from 7/30/03 that works great.

Does WECA force compliance testing of products, or to companies just
promise to follow wifi standards?

Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> KC0OBS http://www.ringworld.org/