Where are we now?

So.. does your report say that:
1) Dunn 3rd St that uses PC Speed WISP is unchanged and probably still has a show
stopping problems with some 802.11g client products (eg, Apple & Linksys),
    but has no known problem with 802.11b client products.
2) The Dunn site on Como that use SurfThing WISP also has show stopping problems with
Apple 802.11g client products and maybe other g's.
3) Apple's 802.11g products work in 802.11b mode at one or more SurtfThing 802.11b
sites.
4) Most 802.11b WISP sites work fine with 802.11b client products.
5) You have no clarification for Toni Decker's recent Apple observation at 3rd St... ie,
this success report is new but not known to be a server vs client end change, and not
known to be the elusive g-to-g or b connection via Apple g-capable client.

I think those are the inclusive summary statements.  Status seems to be that the
problems with g client hardware continue unchanged at sites tested so far, and no site
(except maybe Spyhouse - below) has 802.11b client problems.

FWIW, I tried Spyhouse Coffee at 24th & Nicollet yesterday and found it strange and
anomalous for 802.11b service.  Their free service is WEP protected, and one must get
the connection info from a card posted over the straw dispenser by napkins, etc.  A
regular there told me that the setup is a nuisance and it has frequent dropouts for no
apparent reason.  The posted card says:

password = spyhouse
code = 7BAB647AC753EEBF6F080DEEC2

I think they mean SSID = Spyhouse, and Key = ...  (best to copy and paste this long key
above since entry is blind and must be 100% correct).

I experienced strangeness in connecting as well as unexplaind dropouts with very strong
and seemingly constant signal level.  This site seems to have many users, so the
dropouts may be due to some "active headcount" issues.

Does anyone here go there often enough to know what's going on?  The regular customer
that helped me believes the setup is naive and stumbling about.  Perhaps the "site guru"
at Spyhouse needs some TCWUG help.  I'd like to see what somebody else thinks about the
Spyhouse setup.

Chuck

reposting the ambiguous original I commented upon: