Neal, we're around more and stronger sources than WiFi all the time.  To worry about
WiFi seems like singling out a single acorn among thousands under an oak tree and
blaming it for potentially causing a sprout in your lawn.  :-)    Microwave ovens in
restaurants are in the same frequency band (S-band) and the lower-powered home ovens are
typically 1000watts, so are likely to leak much more than any WiFi transmitter has..
better avoid restaurants, airports, and fast food places!  :-)  Airport radars sweep
about and probably have side lobes that cover our neighborhoods with way more than 100mw
levels.  Cops' speed guns are actually beamed at you and are likely to exceed the
radiation density a typical omni WiFi antenna has.  Medical offices and hospitals also
use S-band but I'm not sure what is common in that band now.  Finding a reliable field
strength meter for those frequencies would be hard (ie, expensive and temperamental),
but it might be interesting to observe background levels and spectra in some common
public areas.  Some OSHA or FCC site may have such data.

Chuck