I have purchased and used for about a month now the following:

The Buffalo 11Mbps Flat Wireless PCMCIA Card (WLI-PCM-L11GP)
http://www.buffalotech.com/wireless/products/airstation/pcmciacard.php

And

The External Indoor Flatbed Antenna
http://www.buffalotech.com/wireless/products/antenna/index.php

I have found the combo to be fantastic.  I leave the antenna on the dash
of my car and as I travel around the twin cities, I stop by locations
and check my mail and make downtime much more useful.

Picked up both for around $100 including shipping.  They have 54 Mbps
cards too, but I was too cheap to bite on that right now.

http://www.buffalotech.com/wireless/index.php

Microcenter:
You can get a SMC 11 Mbps PC card at Microcenter for under $10.00 this
week. (no antenna jack - just a cheap card that so far has worked fine.)
I've also picked up Wireless Routers there for around $30.00 the last
two times I've been there.  Belkin has worked great and has some nice
features.

Paul