when last we saw our hero (Sunday, Jul 20, 2003),
 Chad Walstrom was madly tapping out:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 05:25:08PM -0500, steve ulrich wrote:
> > latest oreilly and associates newsletter, attached.
>
> In this day and age where people can choose to subscribe to
> e-newsletters themselves, why would you think it's OK to spam the
> list with such crap?  If there's really anything of interest within
> the contents of said newsletter, why not paraphrase the important
> points and give us references and links to the real info?

first off - the newsletter is specifically available for user groups
and i've been forwarding these to the group since they do apprise
folks of specials and such that aren't necessarily available to the
general public.  this is one of those things that many user groups do.
sometimes there's interesting stuff in there, sometimes there isn't.

secondly - i've been doing this for quite some time (albeit not as
consistently as would be warranted) and i prefix it w/"administravia"
if you don't like it you can quickly skip past it.

thirdly - i don't presume to know what folks are interested in.  i'm
not an editor. i just signed the user group up for the ORA offering
and i've been endeavoring to keep the information flowing.  if there
are folks that want to write book reviews and are interested in
getting their mitts on review copies, etc.  i'll happily broker the
arrangement.  i think i've been more than accomodating regarding this
in the past and have furnished a number of books for folks.

i'm sorry that your netiquette sensitivities have been offended but
i'll err on the side of information exchange.  i lack the time to grok
these documents and evaluate the contents for the group in general and
assume that folks are intelligent enough to do with this as they see
fit. if you're signing up for the job of editor, let me know and i'll
forward these to you to for dissection as necessary.  if not,
kwitcherbitchin' and use the delete key. ;-)

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC