OK, I just signed up for T-Mobile service and got the Samsung V205 phone
with IrDA port on it.  I also selected the unlimited T-Zones plan for
$9.99/month.  Unfortunately, I cannot find any local dealers that carry
either a serial to phone for this particular phone or IrDA to USB cable.
I've tried the national retailers and I've tried Dexis, TranMicro and
General Nanosystems.  Nobody seems to carry these cables.  T-Mobile
themselves do not carry or sell them.  If anyone knows of a company that
carries these, please let me know.  I know a lot of you guys buy equipment
off of the internet, but I would like to try and find a local sale in the
event it doesn't work and I can make a quick return.

Next matter.  I've found software off of Samsung's website for EasyGPRS that
looks like it just does phonebook sync and ringtone and pictures uploads to
the phone.  Can it also handle internet connection when attached to a laptop
or do I need other software.  Or, what kind of tricks does everyone know to
get this to work.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm a newbie in terms of cell phones and laptop
connections.  Also, I didn't think it would be such a problem to find a data
cable that worked between my phone and my laptop.

Dank im voraus