when last we saw our hero (Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003),
 Mike Ellsworth was madly tapping out:
> Steve,
>
> I just returned from Dulles, and, not only do they not have WLANs (despite
> having two Starbucks on one concourse), they don't have phones that take
> credit cards! I had to use this stupid Windoze-based terminal thingie to
> send one measly email, and it cost me $7.
>
> ORD, however, does have WLANs. It's just that they don't have Internet
> access because they are the baggage handling systems. I attached to three
> different WLANs on C concourse, but no go for the Net. I wrote about the
> experience in a recent edition of my newsletter:

yeah, i've attached to those on a few different occaisions.  about a
year ago i was really excited when i got off the plane immediately
associated with a network, got an ip address and couldn't get
anywhere.  a little digging revealed some bizarro mac addresses and i
realized that i was dealing with some baggage system.

> http://www.stratvantage.com/news/031403.htm#3
>
> Does anyone know of a comprehensive airport hotspot list?

i haven't run across anything yet.  the wayport list is fairly short,
the t-mobile list is growing as well but i haven't run across a
geektels equivalent for airports yet.

{ snipped - misc .signatures }

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC