Hey Chris (and all)-

Wrong. Take a closer look at the rules Andy just emailed out.

Section 4 -- Equipment Limitations and Certifications:

15.203 - An intentional radiator shall be designed to ensure no antenna
other then that furnished by the responsible party shall be used with the
device.

...and...

15.204c: Only the antenna with which an intentional radiator is authorized
may be used with the intentional radiator.

So it _is_ illegal to do what we are discussing here. But everything we
discuss on this list is purely academic until someone builds it, right? :)

Regards,
---Matthew Genelin---