From: tcwug-list-bounces at tcwug.org [mailto:tcwug-list-bounces at tcwug.org] On
Behalf Of Mike Ellsworth
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2004 3:24 PM
To: 'Twin Cities Wireless Users Group List'
Subject: RE: [TCWUG] FYI - Win XP slowdown fix

I had almost the same scenario with my Dell laptop. However, before I had to
replace the drive, I had a severe slowdown in XP that turned out to be that
one of my memory slots decided to quit. I was trying to run with 128MB,
which made XP thrash to a disk that was on the verge of going out itself.
Oddly, this happened mere days after I extended my warranty for another two
years. I'd rather be lucky than good!

So make sure all your memory is showing up as well.

Mike Ellsworth
The WiMAX Guys, LLC
StratVantage Consulting, LLC
952-525-1584
mellsworth at stratvantage.com
www.StratVantage.com
www.TheWiMAXGuys.com
Get a free one-hour wireless network evaluation. Forward this message to
freebie at theWiMAXGuys.com
deserve neither liberty nor safety.
 Ben Franklin, ~1784