On Jan 16, 2004, at 2:08 PM, Leif Pihl wrote:

> At the time we purchased my wife's laptop computer, we also purchased
> a 802.11b card for it.  What we do not have is a base station to plug
> into our LAN.  If I was purchasing a coffee maker, I'd know to go to
> the library, and photocopy some pages from a recent edition of
> "Consumer Reports" magazine.  I'm sorry, but I just don't think that
> they're quick enough, or "up to speed" on the topic of Wi-Fi.  So...
>
>  -  In _YOUR_ opinions, what resource (web page, magazine, etc.)
>    should I go to for  _UNBIASED_  Wi-Fi equipment reviews?

Buy it and see how you like it.

Everything else is someone's personal opinion, which will always be
biased.

I personally like the Cisco gear (expensive), Apple's AirPort base
station (good admin tools if you use Mac OS X, Windows something or
other, and there is a Java program that will let other OSes config the
base station).  Linksys and Netgear seem to of made some decent stuff
as well.

Buy it, and if you don't like it, return it.

cheers!

Ted

--
Ted Rattei