At 05:46 PM 1/24/2004, you wrote:
>Howdy ... it's been awhile. Hope all has been going well.
>
>I am hoping someone can help me with this question:
>
>I have a wireless network that is encrypted (64bit) and the encryption is
>generated by a passkey. I recently purchased another access point to put
>on the network -- a D-Link DWL-800AP. It does not have the ability to
>generate encryption using a passkey. Instead, one must make up the codes
>for each of the four keys. I don't know what characters my passkey would
>translate into. Is there some kind of table I can access somewhere that
>would tell lme that?
>
>By the way ... it is probably evident from the way in which I am posing
>the above question that I am not an expert on this stuff.
>
>Thanks anyone for help you can give.
>
>Patrick

Make a new one.  Rotating that key is an important security precaution, and
I would advise you to increase your encryption strength to 128bit (aka
104bit) if at all possible.

If you are too lazy to make them yourself you can connect via SSL to
https://www.wireless.org.au/~jhecker/wepgen/index.php and get some random
numbers, if you are trusting.

-Dean

dean at ripperd.com