That's too bad.  I use a Netgear mr814 802.11b, and I get ok reception thru
out the my house.  AP is in basement, sitting on PC on the floor, and I get
ok reception on 2nd floor.

-----Original Message-----
From: tcwug-list-bounces at tcwug.org
[mailto:tcwug-list-bounces at tcwug.org]On Behalf Of Yaron
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 10:08 PM
To: tcwug-list at tcwug.org
Subject: [TCWUG] What AP do you use?

Ok...

I've had enough of this Netgear AP. Sure, it has an actual firewall built
in, and a printer port, but the range on it is CRAP. I can't get decent
reception one level up or down inside my own house, and I'm fairly sure I
stripped all the lead paint! Even when I plugged an omnidirectional
antenna to it, I still got pretty bad reception. with any device I use.

So, what brands do you guys recommend for better connectivity?

-Yaron

Minnesota
http://www.tcwug.org
tcwug-list at tcwug.org