On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, arif mamdani wrote:

> um... what about selling it on Ebay and buying a device that actually does
> what you want it to do?

Because I have possibly dozens of these throughout the country.  I only
found out last week that the helldesk has been recommending these little
beauties to some of our remote sites.  So while Bruno is slapping around
the support staff in the back room, I went and picked one up to try and
see if it was a salvagable solution.

I'm also absolutely thrilled to see that Linksys is still shipping
wireless routers with the wireless on and wide-open by default.

At this point, with the footprint I probably have, I might as well put
them up in the rest of our offices and become a free nationwide wireless
ISP.