On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 18:26 -0500, Peter Fleck wrote:

> Wait. You're not saying that I have any real choice about connecting
> to the Internet in Minneapolis, are you? There's Qwest, Comcast, and
> USIW. Three vendors are not what I call a choice. (I may be
> misunderstanding your statement.)
>
> I want reasonably priced fiber to my home, please.

Don't get me wrong, most of the United States is under one monopoly or
another when it comes to broadband. My point was that USI isn't
providing service anywhere it wasn't already easy to get from at least a
few providers.. and at their speeds, you can start including the
cellular and satellite companies. (I'm quite happy with the built in
Verizon EVDO on my T61, which is what I use when away from home).