steve ulrich wrote:
> well, i'd certainly be willing to check out another meeting, possibly
> even host one.  however, it does beg the question, what's there to
> talk about?  with the city of MSP wireless buildout complete, much of
> the impetus for creation of a wifi overlay has gone away.
>
> anyone working on anything cool?  my nerd life has narrowed in focus
> to maximum function with minimal support headache, so i haven't had as
> much time to devote to nerd projects but i'd love to hear what other
> folks are working on.
>
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 12:19 AM, Matthew
> Genelin<mgenelin at fastcomputerserviceco.com> wrote:
>
>> Yeah..
>>
>> Anybody want to have another meeting with this group?
>>

> [snipped]
>

>> On Jun 29, 2009, at 8:17 PM, Haudy Kazemi wrote:
>>

>>> I guess it did.  Last I heard it was quite outdated....not unlike
>>> the main website itself.  I don't think meetings have actually taken
>>> place anytime recently.

> [snipped]

"White spaces" frequencies have opened up.  Gray-Hoverman antenna is
patent-free, DIY for under $10.  The antennas pull signals up to 100
miles.  What does that mean for wireless networks?  I think it will
impact on the MSP network dramatically in both terms of speed and
reach.  But, I am waiting for those who understand computers better than
I do to explain it all.

Every kid should be 24x7 with their school networks, not just school
computer lab token access.

There's lots to discuss.  I'm far away, but would enjoy making the trip
to get together and work on stuff.
Tom