Hoomaan Naimi wrote:

> Hi all,
> I want to bundle 2 analog telephone lines to a MAXTNT box using NT 4.0
> mutilink feature.
> But only 1 line becomes connected and NT multilink reports " the port was
> disconnected by the remote machine".
> I have tried different values for base-channel,max-channel and min-channel.
> but still MAX refuses from establishing a MP connection. ( I have defined a
> local connection profile for test purposes and have set the
> encapsulation to MP).
> Does anybody have an idea about the problem?
>
> Best Reagrds
> Hoomaan Naimi
> Afranet  Network Administrator
>
> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
> To unsubscribe: send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com
> To get FAQ'd:   <http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>

Try disabling modem compression (and enabling modem error correction as usual)

The likely reason is that fragments of PPP packets are compressed by two
different
 modems on the NAS. This could lead to different and
 non deterministic data lengths at modem level, thus different transmission
 delays, and thus delay on PC side during ppp packet reassembly.

Regards
Shaun.

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com