Hi there,

we're starting to deploy a couple of DSLMAX20 to connect customers via
SDSL. We'd like to use the following setup:
- customer CPE connects to MAX in "switched" (not nailed) mode, running PPP
  encapsulation (reason: gathering accounting information for these "calls")
- MAX authenticates these "calls" via an existing RADIUS (Merit based
  originally, somewhat "ascendified":-)) server. This server has been in use
  for years for MAX4000 and MAX6000.

I've set up the MAX with the identical parameters as on the dial-in routers,
and after booting, it nicely asks the RADIUS server for configuration records
(like permanent connections, static routes, etc). It successfully installs
a static dial-out route, for example. However, I can't for the heck of it
get the thing to authenticate either incoming calls, or use RADIUS for the
downloaded dial-out static-route (both are things that work fine on the dial-up
routers). The RADIUS server doesn't log any packets upon connection attempts
of the CPE. If I configure the identical profile I keep on the RADIUS server
as a local connection profile, things work just fine...

Does anyone have an idea what I'm missing? Oh, I tried this initially
with TAOS8.0.2, then 8.0.3, and then I even reverted to 7.10.6, same thing,
same non-operational behavior.

Thanks for any clues,
Markus Wild

--
KPNQwest Switzerland Ltd
P.O. Box 1600, Hohlstrasse 550, CH-8048 Zuerich
Markus Wild, Manager Engineering, e-mail: markus.wild at kpnqwest.ch
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com