This really sounds like the Cisco is configured for a maximum session timer
rather than an idle timer.  In the Max, the equivalent setting of a maximum
session time is the parameter called "Max Call Duration" located under:

Ethernet->Connections->(profile)->Session Options...

This is a setting in minutes so if you have this set to about 3,333 minutes
(or aprox 200,000 seconds), then I could see how this could happen.
Otherwise, it sounds like something the Cisco is doing wrong.

The Cisco setting called "keepalive" is most likely PPP keepalives (i.e. LCP
echo requests).  Although the Max does not generate PPP keepalives (and no
way to configure it to do so), if the Max receives an LCP echo request, it
will respond with an LCP echo reply.

I think you need to have them look at the Cisco more closely.

We have a MAX 4060 7.0.4 connecting to our upstream who has a Cisco
5300 via 4 E1 channels (256k ISDN). They have a setting in their 5300
called "dialup idle timeout" which is set at 200,000 seconds. Even
though this link wouldn't even have 1 second of idle time, as soon as
the uptime on this link reaches 200,000 seconds the 5300 disconnects
one of our channels.  The link drops from 256k down to 192k and the
link stops working until we manually drop the call. The upstream says
we need to change one of the settings in our Max, but they don't know
which one ???????? And we are not familiar with the 5300. They told
me that there is a setting in the Cisco's called keep alive???? and
asked me if our Max has a similar setting, which as far I know it
does not. If anyone has any ideas on how we can stop the Cisco 5300
from thinking that our link is idle, when it is obviously not your
help with this problem would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Craig Morgan
Barneys Online Computers