>  > Are you planning to pass the accounting data to MRTG for graphing? If
>>  so, I'd like to hear how you do it.
>
>We're switching from MRTG to using RRD (same author as MRTG, check
>	http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool
>). This one's quite a bit more flexible, because it seperates the data
>store from the act of drawing nice pictures from it. This means you're free
>to put whatever you want into the store (which of course includes the
>"standard" SNMP queries), and later draw in whatever resolution, with
>whatever fields, etc. you like.

I'm aware of RRDtool, but haven't been able to get it to compile on
my Mac OS X Server box. Dunno why; everything else I've tried builds
right up and MRTG certainly runs fine. At this point I'm waiting for
Tobi to roll RRD right into MRTG, which seems to be what he's up to
with the latest Pre releases of MRTG. The MRTG-RRD log converter now
preserves spikes, so that's a major step too.

Anyway, I'd be interested in whatever solution you arrive at; if I
could do things via accounting too I'd seriously consider it.

Good luck with it all. I'm mightily annoyed with Lucent about these
particular boxes right now. As of yesterday, I have a Lucent engineer
reproducing the failing routing issue that's plagued me. Then I'm
going to get stuck into him about all the rest of the RADIUS issues
too, and with luck these boxes will get sturdier.

The other day I added a filter to the Ethernet port of my Terminator
and ping times went to 2000ms! I added the same filter to a Max 20
PPP T1 profile and routing to a network that doesn't traverse that
link failed. Fer cryin' out loud...
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor at infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/