1)

Wow!  I wish I'd found this list a couple of years ago.  We use Ascend MAXen and Pipelines
here.  I've found them to be fabulous when they work and terribly frustrating when they
don't.

2)

Here's my quandry, if any of you fine folks would like to give some advice:

I have two Pipeline 130 V.35's on either end of a T1*.  Each are using 12 channels,
and some other equipment is using the other 12.  At 3PM yesterday, the link between
the two pipelines died, and they have not talked since.  Both say "Call connected,"
and WanDisplay and WanNext (and also PPPdump) commands on either end show transmission
but neither ever receives a packet from the other.  I have verified the line by switching
which device uses which half of the t1 (by switching data ports on the CSU/DSU's)--my
other equipment is still humming along.

No T1 alarms, no POST failures, and both P130s have exactly the same symptoms.  I am utterly
boggled.

Did I mention that this is a major Enterprise customer whose Internet access for eight locations
goes through those p130's?  It's Monday all over again.

* BTW -- the T1 is not "real" -- it's a fiber connection with a RAD FOM on either end, plugged
up to Kentrox Datasmart 2-DataPort CSU/DSU's.

Arg.  Thanks for any guesses, advice, or solace that anyone wants to send.

Cheers,

-John Drummond
--
John Garnett Drummond, Systems Manager
Computer Cabling and Technology Services