We have experienced a large number of connect problems (consistant)
since moving from 7.0.1 to .3+ (all the way to .26 now)

Problems include:
v.34 modems connecting at unacceptable speeds, and frequent disconnects
Global Village modems unable to connect at full speed (56k or v.34)

Various other v.56 (or former k56flex) modems having problems with
newer firmware.

I'm able to change the firmware back and forth on one max, so I get
to see them work fine (same PRI, same telco path) on 7.0.1 and fail
on anything else.

For now, I've solved the problem by having seperate banks.  However,
that's horribly inefficent.  (And expensive, to boot!)  Backhauling
our numbers from various locales to one central point is expensive.
Having to do it twice because of code problems is extremely uncool.

I have seen lots of complaints in the archives, but no concrete fixes.
(aside from an endless "upgrade to the latest code!" stream of drivel
from ascend/lucent)

As an aside, anyone have any monkeys to spare?  I figure if we all
pool them together we should be able to have them bang out stable
and useful modem code...  in a century or so.

--Dan
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com