Hi again.
Last week I wrote to this list and asked if anyone nows about an
international version for the max 800 because ISDN switch types for
Europe where missing. I contacted my supplier which handed me out a
second max 800
that had a 8.0.2 installed.

This version has a switch type NET3 and finally ISDN callback works
fine.
I tried to install the 8.02 version (b.m8) from the ascend ftp site to
the max 800 with the 7.0.3 version, but again the switch types are
missing.

So I guess there must be an international version for the max 800.
But where can I find it?

NOW THE ACTUAL PROBLEM.
With the 8.0.2 international version, the ISDN cards work, but the
analog
modems (Xircom Credit Card Modem 56, global access) no longer work.

I found in the documentation that if you are using the international
version, the Max800 and Max200plus do not recognize the modem correctly.
You have to set the right init string for the modem (can no longer use
default).

The following init string comes from this documentation.
AT&F+GCI=xxW2E0\N4S95=47S0=1
The xx must be replaced with a country code, but Luxembourg is not in
the list.

I tried all neighboring countries, but none works. However with the
7.0.3 release (non international), the modems work fine.

Can anyone give me a hint please, I'm going crazy with this ascend
stuff.

Thank you very much in advance

Patrick Hormans
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++