Hi again,

Is there anything consistent at ascend?
The documentation (Network Configuration guide) for the Ascend Max 800
describes features like modemdiag ... that do not exist on that silly
box.

And Vice-versa:
There are features in the new software releases that are nowhere
described (or I haven't found it yet) like the following:
Main Edit Menu: PC CARD Modem->Mod Config->Num
Anyone knows what Num means?

The Xircom Credit Card Modem 56, global access does no longer work after
an upgrade from 7.0.3 to 8.0.2. The upgrade is needed because it is the
only international version I got from my supplier. I need an
international version for the ISDN NET3 switch type.

I gave the modems exactly the same init strings on both versions, but on
the new one (8.0.2), the modem does not pick a call on the ligne, nor is
it able to dial out. (syslog reports no channel avail.)

After booting the machine, it recognizes the modem correctly as a Xircom
... but the CD and Tx LED's keep flashing steadily while the Green LED
stays on.

Can anyone tell me where I can find international software versions for
the max800 ?

Or does anyone have a solution for the modem problem?

Thanks for any help and hint!

Patrick Horsmans
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com