** From: owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com
** [mailto:owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com]On Behalf Of
** ascend at saffron.colloquium.co.uk
** Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 11:08 AM
** To: ascend-users at bungi.com
** Subject: (ASCEND) Re: Ascend and a Cisco
**
** Hi;
**
** Thanks again, everyone, for your help - unfortunately, things
** still aren't working quite right.  To recap, what we're trying
** to do is get a Cisco 1603R connecting to an Ascend Max 4000 via
** ISDN.  When negotiating a normal PPP connection (ie single
** channel) everything works fine - it dials up, authenticates, you
** get the transfer rates you'd expect, and when idle timeout is
** reached the line drops.  However, when we enable multilink, and
** it negotiates an MPP connection, the following is happening.
**
** Everything appears to work at first - first, one channel comes
** up and then, as demand rises, the other.  However, when the idle
** timeout has been reached, something goes wrong.  The Cisco
** thinks it has dropped the channel, or channels, but on our
** Ascend, the user still shows up as connected even though the
** link light(s) on the Cisco have gone out.  What this means is
** that when the two channels are brought up, they don't go back
** down again ever at our end, thus preventing all future
** connections from this user until we power-cycle the Cisco, or
** kick the session off the Ascend.
**
** I've tried the config file sample that Troy provided, and the
** username fix that Craig suggested, but to no avail.  When both
** channels are up they function perfectly, with the transfer
** rates/ping times one would expect - it's just when it comes time
** for the channels to drop after idle timeout that everything goes
** horribly wrong.
**
** If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very grateful.
**
** Cheers;
** Kevin Drysdale, Colloquium Internet Technical Support.
**
** ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
** To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com
** To get FAQ'd:	<http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>