Hello again, all.  I've got a serious problem with a TNT (referenced
in a previous posting).  I've received no reply from Lucent's engineers on
the matter.  Following is the exact description I sent to them.  Please
tell me if A) you know what is wrong; and, B) if you can understand it,
which would let me know why Lucent hasn't responded.  :)

Our building had lost power the other night, and everything was running on
UPS's.  We were able to safely shut down the TNT.  When trying to bring it
up, only the controller card, a fast ethernet card, and 2 t1 cards came
up.  (slot 17, 2, 3, and 4 respectively).  The HDLC-2 cards in slot 4 and
5 would not pass POST.  I took 2 madd cards from another tnt that was
having no probs and put them in slot 6 and 7; they also would not pass
POST.  I removed one of the working t1 cards from slot 3, and put an HDLC
card in that slot, and it still would not pass post.  I reloaded the
tntsrb.bin and tntrel.tar files (ver 8.0.1), and no changes.  I also
swapped controller cards with a working tnt to no avail, and tryed a
different flash card (fsck said both cards were good).  The error shown
is SAR: Failed external loopback POST.  In summary, the controller card
seems good, the flash card semms good, all cards seem good.  I can't point
a finger at the chassis, because when I swapped the upped t1 card for the
hdlc card, the hdlc wouldn't come up.  The HDLC cards come up fine in a
different TNT.

As an addendum.  I recently found out that the UPS's were not meant to do
what had been happening.  Apparently, a fuse blew in one of the electric
company's boxes outside, which knocked out a phase of power into our
building.  Our transformers require three phases, and was only receiving
two.  The TNT's were shut off after 30 mins of recieving odd phased power.

Any information into this would be most helpful as well.

Gene Schwab
Network Bob @ Telscape Communications

P.S.  If you can help me with this, I might even let you beat me in
Counter Strike.

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com