> If you don't mind, can I ask you one more quick question?
>
> In order for your setup to work, do your clients/users have
> to do anything 'special'?  Specifically, do their ISDN devices
> have to be configured to use DOV (data over voice), which forces
> their ISDN calls to 'look' like voice calls?  Or, will it still work
> if their end is configured to place a 'native' 56kbps or 64kbps ISDN
> data call?

Sorry it took so long to respond to this.  My clients do not have to do
anything special to identify themselves as data.  The identification in my
case is done at the telco switch.  When the telco switch differentiates
between an analog and digital call, it will send a certain set of digits,
which will then be identified by the maxen as indicating an incoming digital
call.  Since all your calls are going to be digital, it would stand to
reason that the telco does not even have to make the distinction between
digital and analog.  But they should still send some digits for all calls
(usually the dialed number) and you then reference those digits on the max.
If the switch is not sending digits, I believe the maxen will treat the call
as analog.   This is the DNIS way of doing it.  There may be other ways of
doing this if you are taking only digital calls, but I'm not familiar with
them.

> I tried setting up a test here.  If I set up my ISDN client for
> 'native ISDN', I simply got back the message from the switch
> that the 'bearer service was not implemented'... which makes sense

Make sure your client is set to 56K and to the proper switch type.  Other
than that, I'm not sure what could be causing the problem.

Dennis Duval

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com