On ftp.ascend.com, in the /pub/Software-Releases/Max directory, you'll
find a file called upgrade-filenames.txt.  In this file, you'll find a
description of what all those letters mean.

 - tbaxkh.m60

   This load has appletalk support.  Unless you're operating a
   corporate network requiring appletalk support, you probably
   don't need this.

 - tbck.m60

   I believe this one has IP support, but no OSPF.

 - tbixkh.m60

   This is the load that I use at 7.0.26.  It works beautifully for me.
   I've got several 4k and 6k boxes running for over a year on 7.0.22
   without issue:

      system.sysDescr.0 = Ascend Max-6000 T1/PRI & BRI S/N: 8401xxx
Software +7.0.22+
      system.sysUpTime.0 = Timeticks: (3834033500) 443 days, 18:05:35.00

      system.sysDescr.0 = Ascend Max-HP T1/PRI S/N: 7361xxx Software
+7.0.22+
      system.sysUpTime.0 = Timeticks: (3610570800) 417 days, 21:21:48.00

   My network environment requires the use of OSPF (I got sick of static
routes
   long ago).  If you've got more than a couple routers on your network,
I'd
   reccomend that you go with this load and implement OSPF.

 - tck.m60

   This is about the smallest load there is.  I believe it has
   IP suport, but no OSPF.  Might be what you're looking for.

In the past, I've had Maxes spontaneously reboot, and the problem seemed
to be solved by completely wiping out the configuration, reloading the
firmware, then reconfiguring the box from scratch.

HTH,

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks

It's always a long day, 86400 doesn't fit into a short.