> > It looked like something on the pipeline was hogging processor time and
> > causing large packets to be dropped or errored. The reported
> > line quality now drifts between 7db and 8db. There are fewer CRC errors

Drifting may cause a problem as if you lock your baud at a rate usable at
8db and it drops to 7db it might loose data.  You might want to try locking
it down a speed and see if that clears up your CRC problems.

> > Does anybody know what I need to do to enable remote telnet access to a
> > pipeline running NAT?

Ethernet > NAT > NAT > Static Mappings > Static Map 01
 Valid=Yes
 Dst Port #=23
 Protocol=TCP
 Loc Port #=23
 Loc Adrs=192.168.100.254

               ^---- this must be the same address in
                     Ethernet > Mod Config > Ethernet > IP Adrs
                     (ie not the public Internet IP address)

...we use NAT over Frame Relay with the DSL, and NAT over PPP for ISDN and
the same static mapping works on both.

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com