Hello,

   I am not sure if I this is an appropriate forum for this, but I thought I
would send it anyway...  :)

   I have a Pipeline 75, and am trying to configure the firewall, but am
having no luck. More specifically, we already have a functional firewall in
place, but the changes that I am making aren't seeming to "stick".

   Basically,  I am trying to open up port 1723 for a VPN that I am setting
up. Using SAM, I set up access for incoming connections through port 1723
(as a TCP session) to the local VPN host on our network. I upload the
firewall config to the router, it says everything is OK, then I reboot the
router.

   When the router boots, it seems like the changes never took place. I
guess I am wondering if there is a way to 1) Check the firewall settings on
the router itself, or 2) using SAM, is there a way to grab the configuration
off of the router and edit it in SAM?

   I have verified that the VPN is working by connecting to it over the
local network, so I am thinking it isn't that.

   Any suggestions?

   Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

   Bo Tucker
   bo at rocsoftware.com
   ROC Software IT

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++