>From: "James Courtier-Dutton" <jcdutton at lucent.com>
>
>If you are using CPE Routers, it would be better to use PPPoA.

(Is that 'A' as in 'ATM'? The telco interconnect will be ATM DS-3.)

See below.

>People tend to only use PPPoE when the CPE is a Bridge, and one has a PPPoE
>client installed on the PC.

...or when the telco requires it. They'll provide bridges, which we
plan to put Netopia R9100 Ethernet routers behind. The R9100's
support PPPoE, and will terminate the PPPoE session and provide NAT,
etc as needed.

I'm imagining that I'll be able to specify anything that I could
normally specify in a PPP profile, including routing a subnet, but I
haven't tested it yet.

Sound, er, sound?

(This is all in the wake of NorthPoint's turning into a smoking
crater. We have a bunch of Netopia routers that it's cheaper to turn
into Ethernet routers with a bridge in front than anything else.)

--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor at infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/

"Where's my burrito?" -- Homer