At 05:04 PM 4/11/01 -0400, PowerNet wrote:
>Are you by chance using CHT1's?
>If you are, I had the exact same problem and my max 6096's were working
>great and all of a sudden we got these high pitch constant tones.  I was
>running 7.0.26 at the time and tried 7.2.3 and 2 other higher versions.
>Finally took the unit back to 6.1.7 and has not missed a lick since.
>
>What the heck is the deal there?
>Go Figure.

I'd sure like to know what the deal is too :)   I only see these high
pitched tone problems when the telco is having circuit overload problems,
but I downgraded to 7.0.1 and so far with this years circuit overload
problems I hadn't had the tones until last night I had a report of them.  I
remember someone posting that whatever causes this was fixed in the 9.0
code, but I'm too chicken to use it hehe  I only have one Max and it's too
risky to do any experimenting with it to see if it helps or not.

Anyone figured out what really causes this?  I know when I view my
connections with MaxStats that the calls trying to come in and getting the
tone show up as a digital connection.

Susie

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com