(off-topic rant)
I wish they would set the list reply to the list address instead of the
poster address.  Half the traffic on this topic (and I suspect most topics)
end up off list, because people think they are replying to the list.  I'm
guilty of doing that.  And yes I know all the arguments against doing that,
but all responses to a list posting (except personal attacks, etc) should go
back to the list for everyone to share.  It SHOULD be more difficult to
respond off-list than on-list.  I've recieved about 10 replies off-list
defining CHT1 -- thank you all though.
(end rant)

>Channelized T1 is what I was talking about.
>Sounds like you have the same problem.
>
>Bad thing is downgrading to 6.1.7, you will need to partially re-config the
max.
>Back up your current config before downgrading.

I'm not saying that this wouldn't fix the problem, and I certainly
appreciate the suggestion, but I don't see it as a practical solution for a
new Max 6000.  The whole purpose of having new equipment is to take
advantage of the software and firmware upgrades which are no longer being
provided for the EOL'd 4000 series.  In addition, I have been running
version 7.2.3 for maybe a year and half at the other location on 16 T1's
which are also plain channelized T1 (CHT1 for those lovers of TLA's and
FLA's :).  Those units have been totally bulletproof.  Admittedly, it is a
different switch, but essentially the same type of lines.

I'm intrigued by Suzie Ward's comment that version 9 may have some fix for
"this".  I don't mind going to version 9 if I just knew what "this" is.  I
don't think my problem is related to any type of overload on the telco,
because calls were coming in successfully on the WAN1 and WAN2 at the same
time all calls were failing on WAN3 and WAN4.  Moving the T1's from WAN3 and
WAN4 to a Max4000 also cleared up the problem.  I'm down to only one T1
coming into WAN1 on the new 6096 now and I am still seeing the error
messages in the radius log, but very rarely, like 1 to 4 per hour.  Its
impossible to say if those error messages have the solid high-tone pitch
associated with them, but I would say it is very likely.

Maybe its time to get a Lucent engineer on the phone. (cringing at the
thought of dealing with Lucent "support").

Dennis Duval

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com