** From: owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com
** [mailto:owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com]On Behalf Of
** js at internet-ireland.ie
** Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 2:06 PM
** To: ascend-users at bungi.com
** Subject: (ASCEND) APX 8000 dropping calls.
**
** Hi folks,
**
** I'm hoping someone here can help with a serious problem that
** I'm having on our new APX 8000.  We are getting an awful
** lot of dropped calls (~35%) with 'cause 185, progress 60'.
** This is a new install, we have only just started putting
** a fair amount of traffic onto it, having been in test
** mode for a month or so with very little traffic when the
** problem didn't come to light.
**
** Cause 185 is "The call disconnected because the remote end hung up."
** Progress 60 is "The LAN session is up."
**
** The users where previously dialling into TNTs so I am amazed
** that this is happening, although my guess is that it may be an
** E1 issue rather than the APX (the APX is getting PRIs off a
** Nortel DMS 100 that is sitting next to it).
**
** The odd thing about these dropped calls is that they always seem
** to occur just after the user negotiates their connection and then
** they may or may not be authenticated (in most case authentication
** goes through fine before the drop), and then the line drops
** immediately.
**
** I am at a loss as to what to try to resolve this, any ideas at
** all would be much appreciated.
**
** Many thanks in advance,
**