Ricky Beam said:

>> Troy Settle wrote:
>> All of this can be found on the used market for very reasonable prices.
>> Cisco's used market is great because Cisco has a thing called smartnet that
>> you can buy, and they will do next-day replacement, no matter how you came
>> accross their equipment.

> I'll warn you this is not true.  Cisco has refused to allow us to place
> any equipment not purchased directly from Cisco on a support contract.
> And I've talked to people at Cisco -- they don't like the policy either.

This seems silly - what with resellers, dealers, system integrators, and
other "middlemen", how is Cisco to know "new" versus "used"?

I have never had Cisco refuse to put ANY of their gear on a support
contract, and I even (gasp!) have traded gear with my peers with
wild abandon.

	jim

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com