It all depends on what your radius server can do.

	It would have to respond Authcode 2 (access-accept)
	for all other preauth attempts (this may be possible with a
	wildcard or may not). Also, you would check Ascend-Require-Auth,
	if you also need to do PPP authentication.

	There are also some parameters in the Answer Profile
	which are relevant.

	the following is taken from an old MAX reference guide

------------MAX Reference guide-------------------
Id Auth

Information
Service) should be used for authentication.

Usage: Specify one of the following values:
* Ignore (the default)
Don't require a matching ID from incoming calls.

* Prefer
Authenticate using the CLID if available, otherwise fall back to using PAP
or CHAP
authentication.

* Require
The CLID must be valid and match the value in a configured profile. If the
profile also requires password authentication, do that as well.

* Fallback
Authenticate using the CLID when RADIUS is available, otherwise fall back to
using
password authentication.

* Called Require
The called number must be valid and match the Calling # value in a
configured profile. If the profile also requires password authentication, do
that as well.

* Called Prefer
Authenticate using the Calling # value in a configured profile if available,
otherwise fall back to using password authentication.

Location: Ethernet > Answer
See Also: AnsOrig, Calling #, Called #

	Good luck.

	All this is relatively standard for a MAX (if your
	Telco provides CLID).  Your reseller or Lucent
	support representative may be able to help you,
	if you run into problems.

		Greg

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com