On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Daley, Greg (Greg) wrote:
>	Please be aware that opening the case (as required for
>	most Nindy's) voids any warranty.

I've not seen a device yet that could not be opened and closed without
breaking the precious "this will call down the wrath of god" stickers.

>	NavisAccess allows you to download the configs using SNMP
>	(Initiates a TFTP request from the MAX). The password is
>	in the config file.

The password(s) will be in the config file if you configured the MAX to
show it in the config file.  As I recall, the default is not to show them.
AND, this requires SNMP *WRITE* access to the MAX -- which is *not* setup
by default.

>	if NA is not an option (?) then the same thing can
>	be done by manually setting the MIB variables in SNMP.
>
>	TAC or your Reseller can help you with that if you require.

Leave it to a Lucent employee to force you have a support contract...

SNMPSET="snmpset -v 1 ${node} ${comm}"
SNMPGET="snmpget -v 1 -Oq ${node} ${comm}"

#echo "1..."
## sysConfigTftpHostAddr
## sysConfigTftpFilename
## sysConfigTftpPort
## sysConfigTftpParameter (profile list)
${SNMPSET} \
        sysConfigTftpHostAddr.${index}  a 208.216.228.200       \
        sysConfigTftpFilename.${index}  s ${dest}               \
        sysConfigTftpPort.${index}      i 69                    \
 > /dev/null

#echo "2..."
## sysConfigTftpCmd
## :: - 1 save
## :: - 3 saveAll
echo " ... commencing transfer ..."
${SNMPSET} sysConfigTftpCmd.${index}    i 1 > /dev/null

## sysConfigTftpStatus
## :: -  1 ok
## :: - 17 inProgress
status=`${SNMPGET} sysConfigTftpStatus.${index} | cut -d' ' -f2`

You'll need the "ascend.mib" for those OIDs.

--Ricky

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com