I've not been hands-on with a 3k yet, but believe they are similar in
architecture to the 4k and 6k series.  Stacking is done at the software
level (see Ethernet/Mod Config/Stack Options).  The TNT is the platform that
has a physical connector for that.

As for clocking, in the US at least, we take clock from the line on all
PRI/CT1 from the switch (CO), and none on PtP connections.

For the CRC errors, these can be caused by a number of factors, ranging from
incorrect programming on the telco side (wrong framing or encoding),
electrical interference (make sure the loop is clean).  If you need, have
your telco come out with test equipment and run a full load test on the loop
to see if it's clean or not.  If possible, have them use the same patch cord
that you're using to run from the NI to your CSU.  They can test from either
end and sometimes from a test point in the middle of the loop, which gives
them the ability to loop your CSU and put a full load on it.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks

They told me to think out of the box, but I
tripped over it, now I own my own company.