On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 up at 3.am wrote:

> I have a Max 4048 that was fine for more than a year, then recently, about
> once or twice a week, at about 3/4th's capacity, it starts returning busy
> signals, and WON'T hunt up to the next NAS.  A reboot fixes it every time,
> so I doubt it's a telco problem.
>
> What happens's to each call from what I can see is:
>
> "Call Connected"  ->  "Call Refused"  ->  "Far End Hung Up"
>
> I am running NFAS, but it doesn't appear to be a lost D channel issue
> (that should disconnect everyone, AFAIK).  Software version is 7.0.22  Any
> ideas?

Back to 7.0.4.

The problem is that you are getting too many "bad calls" and the max is
taking modems out of service.  Only when an entire card is free, will it
reset.  Unfortuantely, if you have the same number of lines as modems, the
offending card may not reset in time, resulting in the need for the
reboot.

You can see this in diagnostics mode by typing "avm" which will show you
the offending modems on the "pending 195 list."

For Max 6000's this is fixed in 9.0.0 code.  For 4000's you have to back
to 7.0.4 which is the latest code that doesn't incorperate this "feature."

Clint

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com