At 09:40 PM 2/15/01 -0500, Clint Wiley wrote:
>You can see this in diagnostics mode by typing "avm" which will show you
>the offending modems on the "pending 195 list."

I've always wondered what the possible causes for "bad calls" could
be?  When I do avm I get output like this:

Modem 6:12, 19 calls, 7 bad, last 19 calls = 0006fa39 dir=3

Almost every modem has at least a few bad calls listed, but I don't have
any modems in the suspect, disabled or dead list ... is this normal?

>For Max 6000's this is fixed in 9.0.0 code.  For 4000's you have to back
>to 7.0.4 which is the latest code that doesn't incorperate this "feature."

I'm using 7.0.1 right now, so this may be why I've not had a problem with
modems actually going out of service and refusing calls.  Is 9.0.0
stable?  I've always been afraid to go past 7.0.26, but I had to downgrade
due to telco problems causing strange things (long story, but 7.0.1 seemed
to have fixed or at least lessened the problem).  It seems no matter what
software version I use it causes connection problems for one segment of my
users or another and I only have one Max so I can't even experiment with
different versions until I find one that works for me :)

Susie Ward

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com