>From: Harpreet Singh Giani <harpreet at agni.org>
>
>Is anyone using squid to transparently provide a cache to dial up
>customers ?
>
>One way would be obviously to run squid on a server and to tell radius
>to send an Ascend IP Forward so that all traffic is routed through the
>box running squid. But I don't know how this will affect non-www
>traffic.

I don't know if the Max 3000 has this feature, but on a Max TNT you
can specify that a single port be forwarded to a specified IP
address. You do it on a per-connection-profile basis, so you can
choose whom to apply the feature to. You'd use that feature to
forward port 80 to squid and the rest of your traffic would be
untouched.

If you don't have that feature, I'm guessing that you'd need to put
the squid box in the traffic flow and let it transparently proxy.
There's various dedicated hardware out there that does just that.
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor at infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/

"Where's my burrito?" -- Homer