** From: owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com
** [mailto:owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com]On Behalf Of Chris Adams
** Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 10:55 AM
** To: 'ascend-users at max.bungi.com'
** Subject: Re: (ASCEND) Problem with ascend-data-filter on max tnt and max
** 4000
**
** Once upon a time, Patrick Bucher <pb at tic.ch> said:
** > we have several max dial-in machines. since we upgraded from
** (sgi)radius
** > 1.16 to (linux)radius 1.16.1 some users can't dial into the
** max tnt but into
** > the max 4000. We would like to upgrade to Cistron 1.6.4. There
** we have the
** > same problems...
** >
** > i've tested a lot of things and found the bug. it was the use
** of a "string"
** > instead of "abinary" in Ascend-Data-Filter.
**
** I know that Cistron RADIUS does not support the "abinary" type, and I
** don't think that FreeRADIUS does either.
**
** I have a patch for Cistron RADIUS (current CVS version, but it should
** patch fairly easily against 1.6.4 as well or just get a CVS snapshot)
** that adds "abinary" support.  It is available on my Cistron patch page
** at:
**
** http://www.iruntheinter.net/files/cistron/
**
** --
** Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>
** Systems and Network Administrator - HiWAAY Internet Services
** I don't speak for anybody but myself - that's enough trouble.
** ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
** To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com
** To get FAQ'd:	<http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>
**